Thread: "Cartography Enthusiasts"? Count me in!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected nikwriter's Avatar

Post "Cartography Enthusiasts"? Count me in!

Hello, Guild!

I've been reading here for a while, as a guest. After using a few tutorials from other sites that linked back here, I thought I should sign up and say hi and thanks to those who helped me out. Of course, an account is an obvious choice for me because I've explored the forums before and I absolutely love making maps!

I'm a fantasy writer and reader. I have self-published the first book in a set of 5, and am hard at work on the 2nd. Book 1 is called Shadow Glyph and can be found on Amazon! For more info, check out my website.

I spend a lot of time world-building using a variety of prompts, questions, tutorials, etc (not all of it is making maps, I do a lot of conceptual & cultural construction too). Most of this work is for future projects, as my 5 book series is quite locked down in terms of world. In particular, I have begun a massive undertaking that I plan to construct in great depth over the next 5-10 years before writing anything in it. I'm still in the groundwork stages of this world: I've got the physical/continental geography and map done but am still working on broad concepts and have not yet narrowed in on regional maps. For this project, I used a2area's Israh Tutorial and was amazed by the results.

That's a pretty good summary of my interests and recent tasks. I look forward to sharing some of my mapping endeavors with others that enjoy them too, and maybe even getting some helpful tips along the way!

Cheers!
    Nick

Join the interactive World of Gethra!
    twitch.tv/navsguild

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey Nik, welcome to the Guild! I took a look at your book; seem pretty interesting.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected nikwriter's Avatar

Cool thanks! It's been a really cool experience going from writing manuscripts to selling books
    Nick

Join the interactive World of Gethra!
    twitch.tv/navsguild