Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Abandoned Maps

Can I claim Map 11 (previously adopted by Hans Worst)?
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Excuse my ignorance but are you delelopping a custom world of your own and offering sections of it to be mapped by members of the guild?

If so, that's great idea!
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

That's right. The Collaborative World-Building Project (CWBP) is, well, it's exactly what it's name says it is. Someone (I forget who at this point) provided a Fractal Terrains world, threw some data at us, and we divided it up into a grid of mapping areas. There was some intial visioneering, and then we all just kind of took off and started mapping--stories have developed as we've gone along.

As we got to the point where the larger areas were mapped, we've focused in and started making maps for smaller areas--localities, towns, and adventure sites. Detail ranges from nonexistent (the cities in the Tawaren Basin) to borderline excessive (Snapgallows in the Thrubmorton Fens).

If you want to get a piece of it, feel free!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    That's right. The Collaborative World-Building Project (CWBP) is, well, it's exactly what it's name says it is. Someone (I forget who at this point) provided a Fractal Terrains world, threw some data at us, and we divided it up into a grid of mapping areas. There was some intial visioneering, and then we all just kind of took off and started mapping--stories have developed as we've gone along.

As we got to the point where the larger areas were mapped, we've focused in and started making maps for smaller areas--localities, towns, and adventure sites. Detail ranges from nonexistent (the cities in the Tawaren Basin) to borderline excessive (Snapgallows in the Thrubmorton Fens).

If you want to get a piece of it, feel free!
    And, for the record, we (read: me) like borderline excessive. Gotta love the detail, even if I'm a bit jealous of the creative genius behind it.

HAHAHAH, Well nowh, in truth, all you need is a few younglings, a box of muppets, and your set. Of course I am referring to the Snapgallows thread comment, but I forgot to do the quote thing.
    SeerBlue and the FHCO
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Quote Originally Posted by SeerBlue View Post
    HAHAHAH, Well nowh, in truth, all you need is a few younglings, a box of muppets, and your set. Of course I am referring to the Snapgallows thread comment, but I forgot to do the quote thing.
    SeerBlue and the FHCO
    I've got the younglings (11, 5 in a few days, and 2), but lack the box of muppets. I'll have to hit the used toystore of something. I'll really have to pick your brain about how you inspire their creativity (seriously), because I'd love to get my kids involved in my little hobby here (then maybe their mother wouldn't mind it so much, either!).

The middle one did say something interesting the other day about a treasure chest with magic gold stuck up in a tree, but that was about all I could get out of him. It's a start, I guess.

Hee hee. I'm just jealous, is all, that Thrub is getting so much attention while Tawaren languishes in plague-ridden obscurity.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Not to waylay the thread or anything, but what keeps them going is the fact that we have found apps they can handle using, Sketchup with ruby script plugins is perfect for them, as is PD particles/PS, so what ever they come up with gets used somewhere, and quite a big deal made of it...You want a squirrel armadillo for a pet, sure thing, and then let them Fick it cool. If it needs a little tweaking I give them a hand, and the next time they don't need me around.
    Thanks to their Mother, who has always got them into hobbies, it's been more fun than I would have thought.
    SeerBlue and the FHCO's
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Quote Originally Posted by SeerBlue View Post
    Not to waylay the thread or anything, but what keeps them going is the fact that we have found apps they can handle using, Sketchup with ruby script plugins is perfect for them, as is PD particles/PS, so what ever they come up with gets used somewhere, and quite a big deal made of it...You want a squirrel armadillo for a pet, sure thing, and then let them Fick it cool. If it needs a little tweaking I give them a hand, and the next time they don't need me around.
    Thanks to their Mother, who has always got them into hobbies, it's been more fun than I would have thought.
    SeerBlue and the FHCO's
    Yes, yes.. I'm anxiously awaiting your Sketchup tutorials, actually. Don't think we have any of those around here yet.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast