Thread: Seven Connected Lakes?

Post Seven Connected Lakes?

Does anyone else see this as an exciting idea for developing the continent?

Talroth's intention to ship iron made me think of trade routes and this seems like a really natural one. The bottom lake is Lake Festus in section 12.

A little magic and\or a lot of work and it could be a navigable system.

Sigurd

Anyone up for deducing the natural water path to accomplish this?
    Last edited by Sigurd; 06-06-2008 at 06:57 PM.

I'm a little surprised that nobody's responded to this. Seems like such a great idea... Lots of adventure possibilities.

There are such places in real life. Yes, they are exciting and interesting!

You can break the rivers up with waterfalls or shallows, unnavigable spots that require portages, PORT-uh-jiz, no, por-TAZH-iz, places where the cargo has to be moved overland. You could also build a lock or two. You could also have a stretch where the river is diverted artificially into an easier-to-traverse canal. There's tons of possibilities!

Edit: Oh, I see you already had them por-TAZH-iz in mind. Fun!

Also, think about vulnerabilities from pirates/robbers.
    Last edited by töff; 06-30-2008 at 11:27 AM.

If you have a heightfield of this section, even in tif format, I could run it thru saga gis and find the natural water channels/river routes, etc, for you. or even thru landserf,,,,then with a little tweaking it should be good to go. I could even supply the masks for the rivers for use in PS and such. SeerBlue

Looks like a good idea, but it'd take some work to get it all set up. If there's still need I'll offer any help I can give.

You may wish to check the timestamps on these messages. This one's five years old!

This particular cooperative project is stalled at the moment, but Azelor's trying to get a new one started right now. You might volunteer your assistance to that one.

Of course, there's no one stopping anyone from continuing to contribute to this one, but the level of interaction is likely to be low.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Its a pity that this work hasn´t started yet, its seem to be interesting. Maybe if i knew using better the cc3 i´ll try to do it.