Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Abandoned Maps

I think that one is free. I'll name you on the initial thread. The rules are you wait for a week and if noone complains it's yours to do with as you will.

I think Redrobes can help you out with heightmaps of exactitude, but if not, I'll give you a rough one.

Don't forget that CWBP maps arn't just for christmas....be slow to abandon it if you do!

Ravs

Blog Entries

I have height maps. Many height maps for all sorts of tiles and occasions. A number 15 sir ? Ahh good choice I have just the thing. I can get you a number 15 in many styles to suit. How about a nice contour line per 500', very fashionable I hear these days... What size are you ? About a 2K square hmmm ?

::chuckles::

Quadrant 15, with contour lines per 500'...sounds excellent. Could you possibly leave a little ease on each side, so that it can match adjoining tiles? I've been working on a rough copy already and I find it doesn't quite match up perfectly, especially when it comes to tracing rivers and mountain ridges across map edges.

Thank you very much. You've been most helpful.

Blog Entries

Will do - gettin' late here in UK gimme a short while...

Quote Originally Posted by octopod View Post
    Could you possibly leave a little ease on each side, so that it can match adjoining tiles?
    I can do that one right now tho. The height map (to be exported) will match the brown tile but better to munge it and your color texture a bit to make it fit to the neighboring mapped tiles.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

OK, barring any last minute objection by the original "grabber", I beleive region #23 is now mine to 'play with'.

So if I could be provided any of the various "base maps" that may be useful to develop the area I'd appreciate it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

I usually provide a color guide to map to so that it lines up, a height map and a shaded relief in case thats useful too. Let me know if you want contours or something else. If you start a new thread with the usual title format then ill post them into it - keeps it all nicely separated.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I usually provide a color guide to map to so that it lines up, a height map and a shaded relief in case thats useful too. Let me know if you want contours or something else. If you start a new thread with the usual title format then ill post them into it - keeps it all nicely separated.
    OK, will do...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Hi, I've been on holiday so I wasn't able to work on the map or post on the website. No I'm loaded with work so I am afraid I won't be working on the map for a long time. If someone else wants my part they can have it. Good luck with your maps.

Hans

Guild Journeyer

Hey there!

I'm looking at these neighbouring areas:

[Region 1][Map 02] Name to come ( which appears to be abandoned)

[Region 1][Map 03] Kingdom part 3 (which looks like no-one has started on it)

I'll post up in the respective threads and wait the required week or so before going further in case I'm stepping on anyone's work.

cheers

jez
    Last edited by jezelf; 09-26-2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: to include links

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast