Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Abandoned Maps

Post Abandoned Maps

We've come to a decision that map areas which have been selected but have not yet been mapped should be put up for adoption to new takers.

It appears that the following areas have been abandoned (refer to the link below for the areas)

Map 2 (previously adopted by Darkone)
    Map 3 (previously adopted by Darkone
    Map 11 (previously adopted by Hans Worst) - ADOPTED BY VALARIAN
    Map 15 (previously adopted by kajehito) - ADOPTED BY OCTOPOD
    Map 19 (previously adopted by Venardhi)
    Map 23 (previously adopted by Venardhi) - ADOPTED BY STEEL GENERAL
    Map 27 (previously adopted by ???)
    Map 29 (previously adopted by ???) )- TO BE ADOPTED BY JEZELF

There may be more coming, but I'll need to hope that Redrobes updates his spider thingy and help me (please help me!)

So, it's first come first serve on these maps. Any objections by the original mapmakers, please post them here, but if I don't hear from you after a week then the maps will be handed on....but don't worry, once we finish this area, there will be others you can adopt again.

p.s. you can only adopt one map.

Cheers!

Ravs

Map links

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Well if the original Adopter doesn't object, I'll take on #23. Something small for mw to start with, till I get a bit better with this stuff.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

I think this one is up to date - always PM me if you think not.

and I ran up the indexer again. Here is the CWBP page link
    CWBP Index

Theres a link to both of these on the Wiki in the project overview section now.

Thanks Redrobes!

Here is a quick and dirty of Redrobes tiles with the numbers on.

Steel General, if no objections are posted here from the original owner within the next seven days then please feel free to make a start.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiled.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	647.0 KB 
ID:	5213  

I wouldn't mind having the heightfield info and such for area 3. I don't want to officially adopt it yet, as I don't know how much time I'll have to work on it, but I'd like to play around with it for practice. If I manage to get something worth submitting before someone officially takes it over then so be it, but otherwise I just want to play with it to see if I can learn something, if that's ok.

-IG

Hi IG, would you mind waiting for a bit? I'd prefer to give the maps to people who have not already got one. If the take up is insufficient then we can throw it open to people who already have existing maps. Cheers

Ravs

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Hi IG, would you mind waiting for a bit? I'd prefer to give the maps to people who have not already got one. If the take up is insufficient then we can throw it open to people who already have existing maps. Cheers

Ravs
    That's fine. As I said, I'm not ready to officially take on another map right now anyway--I just wanted it to play with.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Steel General, if no objections are posted here from the original owner within the next seven days then please feel free to make a start.
    Works for me. If possible the height maps etc. would be nice to have regardless, just so I can play around with them and get used to working with them. That way even if I end up adopting a different area I'll have some familiarity with the base files.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Here are a couple of rough and ready heightfields of map 3 and map 23. They may need a bit of cropping though.

Cheers

Ravs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map3.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	239.2 KB 
ID:	5216   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map23.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	3.2 KB 
ID:	5218  

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast