This has got to be one of the coolest sites I've come across. I've always considered myself more of an organic artist, in the form of monsters and animals, but in recent years I'm realizing a real love for and fascination in topography. I spend a lot of time just looking at geological formations on Google Earth and when it comes to fiction, I get excited whenever it's accompanied with a detailed map.

But no fandom has driven me to care about the details of a world like the novels, Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey. I could have avoided drawing maps and not gone seeking more knowledge, but I really can't walk away now until I make a map that fixes some canonical conflicts and issues to the best of my satisfaction.

I'm here in the hopes of learning about programs, learning techniques and improving as an artists. I am just entering the wonderful world of cartography, and I'm just thrilled there's a site full of such enthusiastic people to learn from and observe!

A few irrelevant facts about me: I live in Montana, I'm going to college for Media Arts and Animation and I have way too many hobbies. Welp, that's it!