Thread: Very new

Default Very new

Hello. I'm new, both as a member and as a mapmaker. Actually, I tried to make a map a couple of months ago. A few weeks ago (after a long, slow process) I decided I don't like it. I was making a map for a story I want to write some day, and when I didn't like the map I made, I found out about a web site. The site was about how to easily make a map, and one of the suggestions was to commission a map here! I checked out this forum and, after a couple of weeks of lurking, well, now I'm inspired to retry my hand at maps. This site is so wonderful, helpful, and informative, and I can't help but look here often at all the beautiful, beautiful maps!
    Last edited by Rabin Arius; 09-25-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Hi Rabin, welcome to the guild! This is a great place to hone your map making abilities and I look forward to seeing some maps from you
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Thank you, Viking. I hope you can see some maps from me, too. Actually, one of the things I saw on Cartographer's Guild that made me want to come back was staring me right in face when I first visited the site. It was a featured map on the home page that I instantly recognized as a true work of art. It had so much depth, beauty, and style, all cohesive and consistent within itself. I thought, "I want to learn to make something that amazing." Of course, I've since realized it's probably not an appropriate style for what I intend to do with maps, but that map brought me back here.

There are many many amazing maps on this site at the moment If you meant my map then thank you so much! There are a lot of tutorials on this site too which are excellent as well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Guild Novice

Welcome to the site! This is a great place to learn and grow your maps. I look forward to your creations!

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    If you meant my map then thank you so much!
    I did. I love Skenth. I'm looking forward to seeing your in-depth regions develop.

Welcome to the Guild!