Thread: Shanna World (Le Monde de Shanna)

Guild Applicant

Default Shanna World (Le Monde de Shanna)

Hi to everybody,
    here's my first map based on my new borning universe Shanna.
    This map has be made based on RobA tutorial "Using GIMP to Create an Artistic Regional RPG Map".
    I suggest everyone who's begininng in this art, to read this tutorial and do it 2 or 3 times to well master the lot of techniques presented.

My first map is far to be perfect and complete.

But I have to begin somewhere and mainly to submit my work to expert eyes to collect suggestion, critics and other.
    This map is only a portion of a greater world, generater with the excellent Wolrd Generator "TerraGen". I used an old version, 0.9.1, but the last one seems to do miracles...

Thread is open for hunting, don't fire too hard on the pianist, plz
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monde de Shanna - carte globale_lowres.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	58021

I like it, it's simple in many ways but it has a lot of interesting elements. I want to know why there is are so many cities and towns on the north end but not the south end. I cant wait to see more of it!

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    I like it, it's simple in many ways but it has a lot of interesting elements. I want to know why there is are so many cities and towns on the north end but not the south end. I cant wait to see more of it!
    Hi,
    thank you. The reason for there are no cities or other details but in the northern region is that its a map for an adventure in a early phase, that is players are not supposed to know too many details until they havent discovered 'em.
    I'm working on a more detailed part of this region, with forests, towns and villages... Let me enough time to finish it
    More, Navigation indicator is not finished..