Thread: Egos - Valdorn

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Default Egos - Valdorn

Here one more map from Egos. It is the first that i made with that style that i want to improve.
    This region is near other 2 places that i mapped before: http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...s-veloria.html and http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...-warlands.html

For this map a Special thanks for Ilanthar, Chashio and jfrazierjr, that helped since i come back from my surgery (in my thread: http://www.cartographersguild.com/ge...agacea-26.html )
    and for all other that helped in all my trip to the world of mapping

I show you Valdorn the kingdom of the Machines and the Cursed Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by aquarits View Post
    The best ideas comes from a war and Valdorn know that, transformed magic , engineering and curse in weapons to defend themselves . The protection of " free lands of the North" was given by atypical conditions . Sentenced by a curse the people of the district passed for difficult times. When your leader " Austin Barithon " fought their conflicts with the " Creatures of the Night" he was cursed to never see the light of day . The Queen " Elizabeth Valdorn " sent her forces to aid the district leader , a parallel task force secretly sent to the extermination of this evil plague.
    Led by " Carl Marlirs " , the task of the troops was to enter the gates of hell and defeat the fearsome " Sucumbus " . At this time , " Iris " , the fearsome threat , plotting to take the capital.
    Disconsolate by not find the leader of the " Creatures of the Night " , " Carl " and his band returned to the castle of the capital to find the queen in an emergency meeting in the galleries of the castle . " Lester Tylor " with " Austin Barithon " joined forces to present the queen a weapon to drestroy a fearsome foe : Engineering .
    Projects for the development of new weapons and equipment for combat, would need six months to be ready . In times of war on land of " Valdorian " this would be an eternity . Led by the Queen herself , the soldiers of the capital upheld the defenses throughout the time required for Lester and Austin could counterattack. They did not disappoint , however had to pay a price .
    Before being destroyed " Sucumbus Iris " the Queen was imprisoned in a crystal block putting in all the land of mayhem Valdorn . In the midst of this hell " Carl Marlirs " took the reins of the empire to find a solution to the curse that dominated the queen . His son " Seth Marlirs " still cares for the welfare of the kingdom .
    Recently, "Black Rose " lands of " Austin " were given as free . " Seth " and " Austin " believe that the black blood of their land may weaken the power of Valdorn be continued under the same monarch . The immortal " Austin " swear allegiance to the crown of Valdorn until the queen is free from the curse and that her grandson " Solon Valdorn " can take the throne.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-Valdorn cópia.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	3.94 MB 
ID:	58057  

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Very good map, I like the mountains!

Great job on this one!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Good job Aquarits, some nice progress. Some labels could be improved ( e.g more kerning on some to fill the room you have on some geographic elements - the divided mountains for instance or more proper curves - the forest below the divided mountains for instance, I would flip it to make it fit the forest/coastline shape).

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Thank you guys.

Max, i didnt get what you mean about the labels and the forests