Thread: Just saying hi..

Default Just saying hi..

Hello,

I've been a longtime lurker of the site and forums, and just recently registered. I just wanted to say hello, and also that this is an amazing site containing many fantastic artists.

Meric

Welcome to the guild!

Welcome! are you also a cartographer or do you just love maps?

@Domino44 Well both I guess. I actually used to play and run a good amount of table top back in the day, mostly AD&D, and had always created (hand drawn back then!) my own maps. World development in general has always been an addiction for me. Oftentimes I'd just create cultures, worlds, dungeons, cities etc on paper and draw for hours and hours just to never use them for anything. In any case these days I dabble in world creation via an emulation software for an old mmo rpg Ultima Online. Recently I wanted to try my hand at creating some maps of the world I'm developing for use on upcoming forums/website. I managed to create some pretty good (in my opinion for a total noob at this) parchment background via some great tutorials, and also create a greyscale image of my map to rest as a semi-transparent layer over it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Current Lonoroth Map Small.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1,001.7 KB 
ID:	58177

Its scaled down by 10% of the original (10k x10k pixels). I'm really happy so far, and I can't wait to delve further into the use of Campaign cartographer 3 which I recently acquired, as well as Gimp which I've been using for other tasks for a few years now.
    Last edited by Meric; 10-03-2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: spelling!

Well, it looks good. I can't wait to see it finished!

Welcome to the Guild Meric! You should post a higher res version of this (and any other work you'd like to display) over in the 'Finished Maps' section. I know I'd be interested in seeing it, as I'm sure, would many others.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh