Thread: map request for a multicultural fantasy series ($, blog post and book credit)

Default map request for a multicultural fantasy series ($, blog post and book credit)

I'm looking for someone to create maps for a multicultural fantasy series. I would want the copyright, so at the end I would ask for a copyright transfer contract to be signed. However, you can keep a copy for portfolio and website. Timing - about 4 weeks. Size - big enough for 11"X17" paper.

This is a self-publishing project so there won't be much $$, but I'm willing to do a Q & A interview with you to put on my blog and credit you in the book when it's published. I think good artists deserve some publicity for their work well done!

Would like to ask for 2 professional looking maps which looks hand drawn with borders and a compass. Basically elegant in general, parchment paper type stuff.

1) The current world map but make it look like a fantasy map. The characters go to different countries, so we'll mark where they visit with an X or circle. Will provide list of places to mark on map.

Style example: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ur-d57jgnl.png

2) A map of a small island with a castle and a few landmarks. I have a spec written up, there's only about 7-8 things on it (castle, dome structure, forest, farmland, field of flowers, egg structure, pond, watchtower). It's floating in the sky, so maybe a few clouds surrounding it.

Style example, basically you can see the "castle" structure: http://openbooksociety.com/wp-conten..._1600x1200.jpg

While I provide written specs, creatively I want the artist to show me what they think is best. I have been granting my illustration artists creative control and it's worked out fairly well.

Please send your offers or more info requests (with some samples) to netizen1 @ yahoo . com (remove the spaces before sending).

Thanks!
    Last edited by netizen; 09-30-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks for looking, I have already hired an excellent cartographer!

may you send to me the references of your cartographer, please?

me DOT kla AT hotmail DOT com

cheers

Dan

Have sent you an email offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandalian View Post
    may you send to me the references of your cartographer, please?

me DOT kla AT hotmail DOT com

cheers

Dan