Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: September/October 2013 Challenge: Jantoos Bogway

And another intermediate stage. This one's got the hills added, at full opacity to show them clearly. They seem too dense to me, for foreground use, so I figure I'll fade them as much as I did the mountains. I have to say it was probably more work to cut and paste all the fiddly bits of hill territory than it would have been to just draw them in the right places. What you see is eight or nine repetitions of the original patches of hills I drew and shaded. The missing hills in the NW are on purpose - I figure I'll have one of the insets covering that area anyway. Wish I'd thought of that before I covered 100% of the mountain area with symbols.

If anybody wants clear copies of these mountains and hills I'd be glad to extract them - they're not really foreground work though.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bogway-6.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	58327

This is probably the furtherest I've ever taken a map without adding rivers - I guess if they seem necessary for Lucius' needs, they'll go in later.

Here's the sort of presentation I'm aiming at. The city symbols seem a bit big, but I'm going to be distinguishing between olden cities and modern ones.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Bogway-7.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	58328

Aaaaand now finally I'm telling a bit of the story on-map. We'll call this a rendition of what Lucius had accomplished, published years later. For one thing it looks more typeset than like hand-drawn notes.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Bogway-8.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	58333

The title looks unbalanced - smallest of the four inset blocks... Maybe that's okay. Any opinions? There'll be more content in the bottom right key block.

The names of the towns off the marshes don't matter a bunch to Lucius' quest, but for completeness I'll be labeling them all. Hmmm. Wonder if I need roads or any other cultural features.
    Last edited by jbgibson; 10-12-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I agree about the title box being a bit unbalanced - maybe just up the size of the box and the title itself a bit?

This is looking really good, by the way.

Near done; if I have time the 30 or 40 modern towns will get named.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Bogway-9.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	58393

This'll do, unless anyone sees something I blatantly goofed up? I'll fill in a bit more story too, but that doesn't HAVE to be done for the contest deadline like the map does.

## Latest WIP ###

Name:	Bogway-10.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	58395

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12