Thread: Hi

Guild Journeyer

Post Hi

Hello all.

Found this place yesterday. Been making some maps in Photoshop and generally fictional maps for Fantasy stories. I also visit the Chronicles Network whch you may know about, there's been some threads on map making.

Other than creative writing I'm also an artist. my website shows some of my work including the maps I've been making in the tutorials section, which may come of interest to you.

Cheers
    Jez

Jez - I know someone else who goes by Jez. You don't happen to be in the Royal Navy in addition to your (very impressive) artistic work, do you?

Anyway, beautiful website and beautiful work. I didn't look too closely, but does your website contain information on commissions, etc?

One of the moderators will tell you how to have the moniker of 'Industry Professional' added to your name, because it is obvious that you are a professional.

Thanks for joining the Guild. It's a very friendly, and helpful, place for us amateurs, and we do have a fair number of professionals who hand around as well, offering advice, hints, etc.

Welcome to the Guild Jez, absolutely stunning artwork! Do check out this thread on industry pro status. I love that india ink plug-in from flaming pear which you mention in your tutorial - I might be investing in that one!

Cheers

Ravs

Oh my word, I've downloaded the free trial for the india ink filter for photoshop from the flaming pear website - it is AMAZING! I would encourage everyone who uses photoshop for mapping to get this plug in.

Blog Entries

Thats some mighty impressive artwork. Reminds me of Syd Mead who I am also a big fan tho he didn't do fantasy. Amazing - you will have no problem with maps I am sure.

What media do you use for your art like those images in your website - is it all digital ?

Guild Journeyer

Hi there!

Thanks for posting so soon.

The Cartographist: Cheers. Nope not in the Navy, Art was the only thing I was ever good at school, so not big prospects for anywhere else.

ravells: thanks! I'll check it soon. yeah Flaming pear is pretty nifty. Lunar cell is a good one -I think I saw someone mention that on a thread already.

cheers
    jez

Guild Journeyer

Hi Redrobes.

Thanks. I use Photoshop primarily. I also use 3Ds Max and Maya for work (games industry) I've dabbled in Painter and Zbrush - not as much as I would like

I am having a poblem with getting DEM data for maps - just posted a thread up , so if you have any clues..

If you like Syd Mead (flattered that my work reminded you of him, thank you! ) then checkout Mass Effect -out on Xbox & PC. Their srt style is heavily influenced by Mead and Music is quite retro vangellis/Bladerunner style.

cheers

Guild Journeyer

ohsorry - forgot to add

most of it's digital, the oder stuff is good old traditional pen, penci papaer acrylics, inks etc. Life drawing is all paper and charcoal.

Welcome Aboard!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave