Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World of Balor by TheRedEpic

This is quite a remarkable map! Very nice work Jared
    I love the colour scheme and I'm a fan of the texture of the water! Although I do find the circles around the cities and the 'zoomed in area' a little unintuitive I think this is an excellent piece of work!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Thanks guys, again i appreciate the comments! @/Viking- I do think some of the circular design elements can get a little in the way sometimes, but i placed them where i thought the cities and locations were and are most important to the setting, and i rather like them ;-P

I love a map that isn't straightforward, there are alot of maps done in the fantasy setting that are too exact, and if you think about it, most settings even with magic are far from exact. Leaving that inexact grey area in their and putting in unknown sigils and writing and notes from the cartographer makes a map more fun and authentic.

very cool map! but just a question: is this the new map of "Shadow Era" the CCG? or you did just use the same names for locations?

@Lesopeso - Yep, one in the same!

~Jared

Nice map!

Just a couple of questions:
    - How did you draw the icons/shapes in the water? (e.g. the centre right star-like shape)
    - What texture did you use for the land masses and ocean(s)?

@Sharpes- Thanks for your kind words As for the shapes in the water, their are a few brushes i have picked up in the last few years, and one such brush set has these fantastic geometric designs for use as stamps. They fit my work quite well, though i can't remember the name! I actually never use textures as backgrounds or layers to lay down in any of my work, i paint in everything using custom made splatter brushes that i have come up with. The lines in the water were also painted in via a 4-5 pronged brush that strokes according to the direction of the stylus i use on my Wacom. Hope i helped

~J

Great visual appearance, I run to search your other works

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12