Thread: Hello

Post Hello

I've just found this site today as a result of looking for ways to better improve my maps created with Campaign Cartographer 3. I've dabbled with it, but have not gone too far past the tutorial that comes with the instructions. I have been frustrated by some of the maps Profantasy displays as being created by CC3 and not being able to reproduce some of those techniques myself.

What has gotten me interested in developing maps is the fact that I write fantasy. I want to be able to use my maps to help create realistic worlds with governments, history, and cultures. Mapmaking can be a very important part of world building.

I am currently studying Game Programming at ECPI, so an ability to create detailed maps could be beneficial in finding a job somewhere in the game industry.

I look forward to learning from all here and hopefully will be able to produce some excellent maps in the future.

Welcome Aboard.

Any questions feel free to shout out.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks for the welcome. I've already found quite a bit of information that should help me create better maps.