Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eggregor Inner Sphere Solar System

Default Eggregor Inner Sphere Solar System

Well, I'm one of the many cartographers which are never completely satisfied of their maps !

So, this a redone map of my inner sphere system of my Eggregor sci-fi world.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ilanthar-albums-various+maps-picture58206-eggregor-isni.jpg 
Views:	783 
Size:	3.50 MB 
ID:	58207

Hope you'll like it!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That is freakin' fantastic. Everything is laid out so nicely and logically and clearly; text is readable and looks good, the detail work on the planets is gorgeous, and those banners just add a great touch.

My only nitpick (and it's a minor one) is that the background seems kind of... bleh. It looks pixellated and I don't care for the fade-out in color from right to left. But as I said, that's a pretty minor complaint. Have some rep!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I'm not usually fond of sci-fi map like this but it's very well done and pleasant to read. Nice job! My only critic would be the light reflect effect on the planets on the bottom frame, that give them a bit of a bowling ball look :p

Thanks a lot guys ! This one took me a long while...

@ Diamond : are you talking of the background in the middle or in the borders? The borders don't seems pixellated to me.
    @ - Max - : the "bowling ball look" was kinda what I wanted. In fact, I wanted something close to the "marble" planets I have already seen on the net.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

ah ok so that works pretty well :p)

Guild Adept Facebook Connected EricPoehlsen's Avatar

I would manually adjust the letter spacing at some of the planet names - the kerning of the font is bad, regarding some of the letters ...
    Other then that - really nice map ...

If you're using Photoshop, the kerning can be adjusted by placing the Text tool cursor in front of the letter you want to move and using alt-arrow keys to adjust the space.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I'm working on PSP7 which doesn't have this kind of possibilities (sadly).

Otherwise, I would have used it gladly. Now you have pointed it Eric, those gaps between some letters disturbs me a little bit...

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

That is way cool! I'm a fantasy mapper so to see cartography in outter space? So cool! Well done.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

@Ilanthar: I mean the starfield you're using for your main background; it just seems too grainy when compared to the rest of the awesomeness, but not to the point of making me hate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast