Thread: Breaking out of diffidence

Guild Novice

Post Breaking out of diffidence

Hello all! I've been snooping around the Cartographer's Guild for some time now (since 2011), and have finally decided to join the crowd. I've always enjoyed coming here for some of the most amazing mapping skills I've seen. I've even given a couple of maps a shot or two of my own following some of the tutorials, and might post them sometime for advice from the experts. I originally started using GIMP, but decided to take the next step further and advanced to Photoshop CS5.

I'm an avid D&D gamer, and use a program called Fantasy Grounds II to run/play virtual tabletop games locally and online. Planning on getting into the Pathfinder game by Paizo in the near future, and am looking to expand my library of maps (both battle and overland maps). What better way than to learn from the pros how to make them yourself

Welcome to the Guild Amsirahc, officially! Glad that after two years you decided to de-lurk and become a bona fide member.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice

Thanks Arsheesh! I'd also like to say, very well done on your maps and tutorials. I've found many of them inspiring.

Thanks Amsirahc.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh