Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** October Challenge - Map the Same Place Twice ***

What about terms of scale? Could you have one map of an area and then have another map of a subsection of that area?

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Oh goody! I like this one. Maybe I'll participate if I can get some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    What about terms of scale? Could you have one map of an area and then have another map of a subsection of that area?
    We actually had a challenge based on just this idea a few years back. I'm not sure that that's what Chashio had in mind for this challenge though. What do others think about this?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Well, Chashio did say 'two maps of one place from two different physical perspectives'. ...Which could mean looking at the same terrain from different heights. I'd say it could work.

I mean, I'm fine with whatever. Two different perspectives usually means two different angles (in my mind at least), but then again it seems silly for that to just mean to simply reorient the labels (plus it goes against the rule about the same base layer).

My original idea for the physical perspective aspect of the challenge was based on viewing angle of the same place... I would likely have done two maps viewed at the same or similar scale for my bit. Feel free to interpret things however you'd like. Whatever you guys come up with for entries will be fantastic. I don't have time to enter and get enough sleep, but I'll enjoy seeing what everyone creates. Have fun with it
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Bah, sleep is overrated.

Pilgrim feel free to go ahead with your twin scaled map approach, as per usual it seems there is enough flexibility here to allow for different interpretations.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12