Thread: Hi All, Introducing myself to the awesome guild of cartogrphers......

Post Hi All, Introducing myself to the awesome guild of cartogrphers......

[FONT=Arial Black]

Hi All,
    Im really pleased I have found this site, I have been fascinated by maps of all types for most of my life, even as a child I would spend hours going through atlas's looking at all the different countries, and to this day I spend hours looking at Google Maps, maps just fascinate me.

I was introduced to the RPG world at the age of 12 and and back then even the basic dungeon maps captivated me, and so I would spend hours drawing my own maps. Today I still sit here drawing map after map of dungeons, most of which have never been used, but I have used some in AD&D and Pathfinder. I do however struggle drawing decent land maps (not being artistic) and they look like a 5 year old drew them, so I am extremely pleased I have found you all and hope to get help and advice from you. I have looked at some of the material posted onto this site and was blown away by the fantastic work of the other members and wish to tap into the wealth of experience from other members.

I dont use any software to produce my maps & dungeons, its all by hand, and have recently been experimenting with isometric paper and have drawn 1 or 2 pretty decent maps (even if I say so myself). I am still in the process of drawing a city on a piece of A1 card for one of my future games, still got a bit to do and get it coloured in etc but its slow work with it being so big, but I will get it finished.

If anybody is interested in any dungeon maps by the way just let me know and I will post them on here for anyone to use in their games, Gratis.

Thats it for now, Thanks for having such an awesome site, I will be on here regularly.

Grom

Welcome to the Guild! it's good to have you here, and I think you should post some of your maps they sound interesting.

Guild Novice

hey welcome! nice to meet you. I draw my maps by hand too! seems we are a bit of a minority here. Id love to see whatever you want to share. I have always loved D&D and look forward to seeing your work

Welcome to the Guild Dorin! I agree, you should definitely post your work here. Hand drawn pieces are always a treat.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh