Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [WIP] World Map for my Online Roleplaying Game

It lookes very good! The rivers are much better now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EastHills.PNG 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	58610

Name:	WanderersForest.PNG 
Views:	139 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	58611

Here are two areas, which are the two which separate Kwaynos, City of Men from the Halfling Riverlands.

The hills are just to the west of Kwaynos, and lead into a creepy forest which is adjacent to the major halfling city.

I wanted to include City Maps as well, for every major location.

The idea is, from what I was told, apparently another accidental recreation of a popular 1990's game's feature. Baldurs Gate 1, 2, and Dragon Age 1. It's a city map, with "zones" in the city that are visitable. Like the worldmap, anything that is not a static designed location is procedurally generated.

I want everyone to know: I did NOT create the actual map in the following image. Instead, I used the creator's tutorial to come up with my own blend of photoshop layers (oil painting effects, high pass layer, hue alternation, saturation effect, map texture, brightness/constrast, etc.)
    The result looks quite different from his, but I am happy with the result. With the exception of the water, I think it looks like it fits my WorldMap's theme well. As much as it can, using completely different artwork and a different system (City Designer 3 instead of CC3).

The map was created using all of the symbols I have for CD3, so my maps will look like this, as soon as I can look how to use CD3.
    However, I will use the same texture for the water as I did in the World Maps.

Name:	LandstromsCities.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	746.2 KB 
ID:	58744

Wow, it has been almost a year since I last posted in this thread.

Just to let everyone know, this game (and thus map) is not dead, it is simply paused.
    I have since paused development of this fantasy rpg with such a heavy focus on travel, to do a simpler game with similar mechanics.

The game uses some similar features, but all in all it is an entirely different game, with a different art style. (It is pixel art and sci-fi).
    It has procedurally generated world maps, composed of simple pixel-art stars and planets.

Name:	scifimap.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	67058

Anyway, this game should be finished late 2014 or early 2015, during which I will either continue this thread (and thus continue creating the worldmap / city maps) or I will begin another small game, which would mean continuing this thread in mid-2015 to early 2016.
    I will let everyone know, although I'm not sure if anyone was even following this anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123