Thread: Seawolf Shoals

Guild Novice

Map Seawolf Shoals

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	753.0 KB 
ID:	58396
    This is a CC transcription of a hand drawn map I am currently using in a campaign. I initially planned on using Jon Roberts Overland style, but changed my mind due to scale and went with contours only.
    Last edited by lastofthemany; 10-14-2013 at 10:35 PM.

I would have used weaker colors than your green/yellow in the middle, but the rest of the colors and the overall map is fine. Functional and pleasant at the same time.

Guild Novice

I agree. They are a bit "in your face". Also, the colors seemed to blend better before I applied the inner glow to my coastlines. I'll give them a tweak and repost.

Shouldn't the yellow be ialong the coast instead ? You could try to reduce the opacity so it would blend better.

Guild Novice

Ok so I got rid of the weird green on the first contour. I lightened the yellow contour and moved it up in the order to reduce the area it occupies and possibly reduce the heavy handed effect it had. I also changed the inner glow from brown to green. Let me know what you think. I could also blend from green to brown skipping yellow altogether, or mess with opacities like Azelor suggests, but I think I'm happy with this one.
    I'm not familiar with hypsometric tinting that starts with yellow at sea level. I'm using the US national elevation tinting that goes from dark greens at the lowest elevations to light greens to yellows to browns to grey to white at the highest elevations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	569.1 KB 
ID:	58462

That works very well for me !