Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep Woods (photorealistic battlemap)

Map Deep Woods (photorealistic battlemap)

This is free sample map, made entirely with objects/elements and textures from a "Deep Woods" resource pack I'm working on right now. Everything was cut and created from my own photos, taken on our property.

The full-rez version can be viewed/downloaded at my deviantART gallery: Deep Woods Sample Map
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deep Woods Sample Map by Neyjour.jpg 
Views:	2707 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	58496  

Nice work Neyjour!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Nice work Neyjour!
    Thanks very much Bogie!

Ah ha! After those fallen trees you showed me yesterday on the Buy/Sell forum I got a bit curious and found your map.

So now I understand why you liked the smaller details of my city map so much. You have a very sharp eye for the details.

This is just the most beautiful idyllic forest I have ever seen. You are very lucky to live in a place where all these resource images are so ready to hand, and a very gifted person to be able to capture them, and produce such lovely symbol sets from them the way that you do.

This must have taken you weeks of work!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Ah ha! After those fallen trees you showed me yesterday on the Buy/Sell forum I got a bit curious and found your map.

So now I understand why you liked the smaller details of my city map so much. You have a very sharp eye for the details.

This is just the most beautiful idyllic forest I have ever seen. You are very lucky to live in a place where all these resource images are so ready to hand, and a very gifted person to be able to capture them, and produce such lovely symbol sets from them the way that you do.

This must have taken you weeks of work!
    Thanks very much!

The map itself didn't take very long, but it was weeks worth photographing and (especially) cutting everything out to make the objects/elements. I've been wanting to do another trek over our property but because of all the trees, I have to do it in the middle of the day for the best light. And it's miserably hot right now... I'd be dripping sweat all over my camera every time I bend over to take a shot. LOL!

Be thankful you don't live on the East Coast...The humidity out here is murder!

This map is fabulous!!! I live the colors!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Here is a TRUE artist, Ladiestorm

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    Be thankful you don't live on the East Coast...The humidity out here is murder!

This map is fabulous!!! I live the colors!
    Thanks so much, ladiestorm! Ugh, yeah... high humidity makes the heat even more miserable. We had a ton of rain not too long ago (so much so that we were declared a "Disaster Area") and the humidity was awful for a while. Since then we've had hardly any rain at all (the grass is even dying), but even this dry heat is murder. I'll be so thankful when this summer is finally over...

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Here is a TRUE artist, Ladiestorm
    You're too kind, Mouse. Thanks so much for the lovely compliment!

How big is your property? Our's is probably big enough that I could do something like this, but I'm not sure we have so many different types of fungus. You did a fabulous job and I hope the resource map is useful to many.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    How big is your property? Our's is probably big enough that I could do something like this, but I'm not sure we have so many different types of fungus. You did a fabulous job and I hope the resource map is useful to many.
    Thanks very much!

We have 32 acres. The immediate area around our house is "cleared", but the rest of the property is fully-forested. When we first moved here, it was literally impossible to walk it all. It was a thick tangle of undergrowth and thorny vines. But over the years our goats, donkeys and llama have cleared out all out. There's only a handful of mushroom species that grow near the house, so when I made that first trek through the "woods" with my camera, I was amazed at how many others I found!! You might be surprised at what you can find as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast