Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hexxus - Commision map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map Hexxus - Commision map

Hi all,

Here's a piece commissioned by the writer Jennifer Kohout for her next novel "Queen of Souls" due to be released in December 2013. This is a first of two maps, an overview of Hexxus, the demon home world in Queen of Souls. In the words of the author, Queen of Souls is an erotic paranormal romance set entirely in Hell!

(...)With a cast of fallen angels, blood slaves and sexy bull demons, it promises to be a wild ride. Oh, did I mention Lorcan, a sexy centaur?(...)

You can check informations about Jennifer Kohout and his products on her website, facebook, twitter and amazon

The map is 8x5" and done in Photoshop. © Jennifer Kohout 2013 - All rights reserved

Hope you'll like it. As always, feel free to rate, rep or run away

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hexxus map.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	957.0 KB 
ID:	58645
    Last edited by - Max -; 10-25-2013 at 06:40 AM.

As always with this style, very nice!

Two questions about the key:

Is it really "castes"? Not "castles"?
    And i think it should read "untouchable settings", not "untouNchable settings" (or if it is supposed to read untounchable...what is that? ^^)
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Thanks Eilathen! Oups uploaded the wrong version, thanks for the input. It's obviously untouchables (but settlement not setting ) but it's castes, not castles
    Last edited by - Max -; 10-19-2013 at 06:19 AM.

Glad i could help...and lol...the settings was me not paying attention as the important part was the untouchable thingy

Castes, eh? Hmm...as in social caste? I don't get it ^^
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Nice work as always Max! I am also intrigued by the caste and untouchable thing. It immediately makes me think of course of the traditional Hindu system with such things although its odd to me that they'd be divided up by such geographical distance so maybe the author has her own take on things.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Thank you Viking! To be honest, I don't know that much what's it's about it but I'll ask the client for some details for you guys. Jennifer might also jump in the thread to highlight the setting a bit

Morning everyone! Thanks for the comments. Max does beautiful work, as you know, and I am thrilled to have him working on these maps for me. I wanted to jump in and say that yes, the caste system on Hexxus was loosely modeled after the caste system in India. I appreciate the question/comment about the map's key - it was never meant to suggest physical distance/separation. If it raised the question here it most certainly would have in the book and wasn't something I had thought to address. I asked Max to make a few changes to the key to (hopefully) prevent any more confusion on that front. Thanks again!

Jennifer

Nice one again, Max. Visually superior as always.
    But a bit less content. And where is the rose and the scale?

Only thing I don't like is the coat d'arms. The typo would sit more nicely inside it if it had a little more space around it.
    Last edited by Freehand 5.5; 10-20-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks I'll upload a modified version according Jennifer's wish very soon.
    @Freehand : You're right, the map isn't that much filled.But remember it's intended to be print at a small format so that's pretty good Jennifer made the choice to avoid too much overcrowding informations on it. What do you mean by Coat of Arms? Do you mean the key or title frame?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast