Thread: Tylon Mountains and Kaer Kavalon

Wip Tylon Mountains and Kaer Kavalon

An old map with an hand-drawned draft for "personal use" with my Earthdawn table-RPG group. Eventually, i made some work with photoshop to render a little prettyer.

The first draft :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carte-kavalon.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	58573

Then, the map in the actual status. I have to improve the localisation of the legend marks (Serpent river, etc.) but i am quite proud of my work, made in a hurry, without time neither great competence.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carte kavalon.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	58575
    I worked with the free program Serif PhotoPlus, it's not Photoshop but allows a great variety of functions.

Looks good! I like what you did with the colours and digital adjustments. It is certainly a balance and I think you found it quite well.

JSP
    "Not all those who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkien

-Shards of the Dark Age- My blog
    -Last Apocalypse Forge-

Not bad! Be careful with your text. The name of the jungles in the south east are a little hard to read
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by JSP View Post
    Looks good! I like what you did with the colours and digital adjustments. It is certainly a balance and I think you found it quite well.
    In fact, Serif photo plus has a "burn" filter that made the most important part of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Not bad! Be careful with your text. The name of the jungles in the south east are a little hard to read
    yes, i know i have some work to improve the text readibility, and i hope i'll have time in the next days to make that work...
    Nevertheless, it was not a problem that some parts of the text war nearly impossible to read, because this map was above all a gaming aid for a tabltop RPG, an ancient "treasure map", so the text hard to read make it a little more credible...