Thread: Nameless first map

Default Nameless first map

Hello everyone!
    I used darklingrisen's tutorial to make my first map. I noticed later some flaws, but it was already too late to fix them. Anyway, hope you guys give me some feedback on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my_first_map_by_ifwanderlust-d6r3d6q.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	58553

I like it It's a bit small and the style is simle, but that could be made on purpose, that is not a flaw. Only one thing - I would make the border of the lake a bit more definite. All in all, this is a very good start, keep it up!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Welcome to the forums, Isabliss!

Nice style, not the usual type of map we see around here I dunno what kind of program you used to make it, but if it supports layers, you can place the mountains on a layer above the rivers, so you don't have to stop drawing river when you hit a mountain and pick up the line on the other side. Should make it easier. Another thing is your labels, there's really no reason for them to curve, it just makes them harder to read, so I'd recommend straightening them out And maybe choosing a different font, something more handwriting-ish to fit the paint style?

Indeed, welcome Isabliss! I agree with what has already been said
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!