Thread: An Introduction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default An Introduction

Hello!

My name is Amanda. I live in Louisville, KY with my husband and two young children. I'm interested in cartography from a non-creator's perspective. I joined to learn more about maps and mapmaking. Who knows? Maybe someday I'll try my hand at drawing my own maps...

One dream my husband and I have for our home is to have a room decorated in maps of places that don't exist. Our dining room (really part of a great room that includes an entrance to the home and the living room) has a wall taken up by a large map of the United States. It's mounted on foam board and has the route from our old home in Los Angeles to our new home in Louisville marked in red paint pen. We love it! It gave us the inspiration for our not-yet-created map room.

Hope to learn a lot, and maybe even commission some work!

Amanda

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild! That is one great dream; I'd like to something like that myself one day.

Hi Amanda! Welcome to the guild
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Welcome to the Guild Amanda! That's a great dream. You have certainly come to the right place to make it happen.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh