Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hi, I'm DZ! I found your site through the resources on NaNoWriMo! I'm creating a fantasy world for my NaNo project and needed a map for it! I found Tear's Saderan tutorial, and holy WOW it's amazing. The style is gorgeous, the tutorial is just detailed enough so that if you mess up you can easily narrow it down, but not so detailed that it becomes tedious. I was floored by both how easy it was to do myself, and how much I actually liked it.

I decided to join so that I could pick up some tips on making my maps more beautifully detailed, as the mountains and hills seem to be very blah and not as stunning as others I've seen. I know I still need a lot of practice, too, so I opened a thread on NaNo offering up my apprentice skills to make a map for those fantasy writers who would like them. I've gotten a lot of praise, but frankly I don't think I'm all that good yet! I LOVE to make them, though, and I'm slowly tweaking things from the tutorial to edge it more towards my style instead of just being copies of Tear!

Anyway, there's a wall of text for you! Sorry about that...

Welcome to the Guild DZFaeley! You should consider posting up your work here as well, you will receive not only praise but also constructive feedback that will point you towards ways to hone your skills. Look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

where would i post that at?

sorry for not being around, NaNoWriMo is already eating my soul XD.

Late reply, but you can post any finished work in the Finished Maps section, and anything you are currently working on in the Regional Maps section (or other appropriate map section).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh