Thread: VC/NVA Tunnel Rat Map - photo-realistic created in Xara.

Default VC/NVA Tunnel Rat Map - photo-realistic created in Xara.

I've always wanted to try to create a Viet Cong/NVA tunnel system map. This is just a section with entry, traps, passages to other sites and a tactical operations center for a battallion. I used photo textures from cgtextures.com. I created all the objects and the map using Xara Designer Pro 9. I usually do fantasy maps, but every once in a while I do a modern or sci-fi map - in this case, circa Viet Nam War.

I read an article once that stated some VC tunnels featured a large round room with a domed ceiling (of packed earth) with a hole cut out at the apex. When B-52s fly over the hole, despite extreme altitudes the engine noise caused the ceiling to reverberate with a hum to indicate imminent bombing. This was passed on to other NVA units via radio. So I included that in this map.

Enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tunnel_rat-adj.jpg 
Views:	570 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	58587
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Adept

That is very nice, love the styling.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

The acoustic detection dome thing is an interesting thing. It reminds me a bit of those big stone acoustic mirrors built in southern England before everything moved to radar.