In order to get some practice and experience with making CC3/DD3 dungeon maps, I started doing all of the encounter maps from Reavers of Harkenwold (4EE DM's Kit) in DD3. I'm up to Toadwallow Marsh, and things started out well; I did the following:
1. Draw a 1ft thick red line for the "outer wall" of the caves.
2. Copy that line and move it aside, then draw a rectangle the size of the map on the WALLS sheet and multi-poly. Now I've got my "cut-out" style walls.
3. Convert my red line into a poly on the FLOORS sheet, and now I have my cave floor.
4. Next I added a stream (fractal poly) on the WATER sheet, which flows through the cave and out the mouth.
5. Now I can tinker with the texture and effects for the water, that's not my concern--what I can't figure out is how to make it look like there's a short waterfall at the mouth of the cave!
Can anyone offer any help with doing this in CC3/DD3?