Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: [WIP] World of Eldoran

OK... Now you're pointing it, it's more legible but less harmonious, I get that. It's kinda hard to find a good font for those damn labels but I think I'm gonna pursue.

So, I'm gonna keep the regional labels like that, and look for another font for cities. For the scale bar, I think it doesn't really matter and won't put it.

Thanks for advices! And for your kind comment Veldehar.

What do you think of this font for cities?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eldoran about labels 2.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	59780
    Its not as black as before and its not withous serif. A little bit better but a little bit harder to read, don't you think?
    I'm afraid I'll be lacking of the good font...

The font looks a lot better than the previous one. But still...

Did you do something with the province labels that you didn't do to the town labels? Somehow the province labels blend into the map a lot more naturally, while the towns stand out in a very digital way. Perhaps you could add a tiny amount of blurring / bleeding to them?

By Freodin
    Did you do something with the province labels that you didn't do to the town labels?
    Yes indeed. The province labels are less dark, not blended with the same effect (strong light & transparency) and do not have a white glow. Not the same treatment because I wanted to avoid confusion.

I guess I can try to blur the cities names a little bit and see if it works better though. Thanks for the ideas.

And good to know that the font in itself seems OK !

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

I think the same effects but smaller and fainter would look nice… Not so similar that it's confusing, but still enough to make everything fit together. And maybe try the city font in bold? Those very thin letters look more digital than printed, to me, though it's better than the sans-serif

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I think that the actual difference between normal, bold and capitalized letters fr 3 types of towns/cities works pretty well.

The blurring effect didn't worked well (at least the way I'm doing it), so I just kept going like before... And truth be told, I'm a bit tired of working on this map. As I already labelled a large part of the map, I think I'm just gonna try to finish it like that.

Thanks for the comments anyway

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Hehe, yeah, I can understand that! To be honest, you could call this project finished at any point now, and you'll probably be showered in rep

That would be the cherry on the cake. I'm already happy with all the progress made thanks to the numerous advices! The finished maps are now right here :

http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...-two-maps.html

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678