Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Collection] Reavers of Harkenwold Battlemaps

Guild Member

Map [Collection] Reavers of Harkenwold Battlemaps

Rather than post each map I'm making for this adventure in a separate post, I'm going to just put them all in a single thread going forward. I'm making all the encounter maps for Reavers of Harkenwold, as it felt like a good way to learn to use CC3/DD3 better. I'm trying to stick with the Jon Roberts Dungeon Style pack as much as possible, as I like the colors, textures, and art style, and want to keep the maps uniform.

I'll keep the maps up to date as I make changes to them. Each map I post here is exported from CC3/DD3 at a 100 pixels to 5 feet scale (1 square) and saved as an 80% quality JPG. This cuts the file size down to about 20% of the original PNG render, with no discernable loss of quality.
    Last edited by Xorne; 10-22-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    "We all take our risks, down here in the dungeon." --Bargle

Guild Member

Map E1: Simple Farmstead Map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E1.jpg 
Views:	1792 
Size:	833.8 KB 
ID:	58600

This is just a simple farmstead map; the party comes across bandits attacking a small family and dashes in to the rescue!

Guild Member

Map E2: Tavern Brawl

Name:	E2.jpg 
Views:	1612 
Size:	899.4 KB 
ID:	58601

For the second map, I've made a tavern, with stables and the owners small house. I'll use this map at some point when the adventures start ambushing the Iron Circle to help the rebels they are trying to free. Or if they ignore every plot hook, I'll just railroad them into a bar fight with the Iron Circle guys.

Guild Member

Map E3: Wilderness Road (w/ druid circle)

Name:	E3.jpg 
Views:	1057 
Size:	838.2 KB 
ID:	58602

So I'm not super happy with this one, but it's functional. It's just a single road with wagon ruts on it, some rocks and trees, and a stone circle I through together on my own by placing some blocks, then a nearly transparent block over the top of them to show where the "roof" was. This map is also for if the party tries to ambush Iron Circle supply lines; I originally had a cart pre-placed on the map, but as it will likely be moving during the encounter I removed it and will just use a token.

Guild Member

Map E4: Another Farm

Name:	E4.jpg 
Views:	1153 
Size:	896.4 KB 
ID:	58603

Once the adventurer's have stirred up enough trouble with the Iron Circle, they are going to find themselves defending against retaliation. In this case while visiting with a rebel leader. This is the guy's house. I had some nice tips on fixing the wagon tracks and garden lattice in another thread.

Guild Member

Map T1-T3: Toadwallow Cavern

Name:	T1.jpg 
Views:	1168 
Size:	654.7 KB 
ID:	58608

This one took me a long time to finally get sorted out. I was really, really having a hard time with the waterfall, but I like how it eventually turned out. I even started a thread in Software Help looking for advice, and in the process of sounding out my problem, kind of turned it into a tutorial. I played with a couple new techniques on this map, plus made it into a cut-out style cave map.

In order to free up more rebels to join the fight, they party must first deal with the bullywug raiders striking from this cave. Several encounters will take place here; I'm looking forward to some nice action (and roleplay, actually).
    Last edited by Xorne; 10-22-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Very nice maps, Thanks for sharing.

Guild Member

Map D4: Skeletal Mages Lair

Name:	D4.jpg 
Views:	987 
Size:	701.5 KB 
ID:	58609

In order to gain the aid of the elven clans to fight the Iron Circle, the adventurers must invade the lair of a skeleton mage and defeat the wicked creature.

Guild Member

Map Iron Keep (First Floor)

Name:	Iron Keep_Floor 1.JPG 
Views:	2223 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	58694

Once the party has rallied the rebels, there are several encounters for them to participate in during the overall battle between the Iron Circle and the rebels, and the outcome of those battles will determine the strength of the garrison at Iron Keep. I'll just be re-using the previous farm/tavern maps for those encounters, but then the rest of the adventure takes place as the heroes infiltrate the Iron Keep! I might break this up into encounter maps for VTT usage, but at 64 px/sq and 60% JPG it's manageable, just barely (~2 MB).

Guild Member

Map Iron Keep (Second Floor)

Name:	Iron Keep_Floor 2.jpg 
Views:	2095 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	58696

Second floor of the Iron Keep, again I scaled this down to 64 px/sq and saved as a 60% JPG to cut the file size down. Really getting close to being done!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast