Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saifa-newest WIP

Wip Saifa-newest WIP

This is the map I have been working on for a few weeks, it's far from done I am still going to add to the rivers and add other landmarks. I wanted to post it here to see if what people think of it so far, any comments are welcome. I hope you like it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	base 1 epicnesslyawesome copy.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	486.1 KB 
ID:	58623

Very cool flow to it. Curious, are you going to use the colors for different countries/regions? Or is it going to be more for the climate? I particularly like the area near the center that's the dark green. Looks like a fun place to try and cross to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Psylence View Post
    Very cool flow to it. Curious, are you going to use the colors for different countries/regions? Or is it going to be more for the climate? I particularly like the area near the center that's the dark green. Looks like a fun place to try and cross to be sure.
    Thanks! Yes the four different colors represent different regions, the lighter greens represent the three major countries and the dark green islands are independent lands. When I finish this map I will add an information image with the visual explanation of that and it will most likely consist of other information as well. Thanks for your input!

Name:	base 1 epicnesslyawesome copy3guild.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	534.7 KB 
ID:	58674

here is an update on the map, I haven't been able to get as much done as I wanted to but I have been really busy... stupid excuse I know but it's the truth.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this map turns out. I really like how you have done the waterways.

Thanks Ironreich!

Here is an update.

Name:	base 1 epicnesslyawesome copy3.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	555.2 KB 
ID:	58772

It's looking good. Only thing I could say, is that I want the flat colors broken up a bit more - but that's just personal preference. I want that center, dark green, area to be swamp too. Have any plans on how you plan on portraying those areas(swamps and what will be in the dark green section)?

Quote Originally Posted by Psylence View Post
    It's looking good. Only thing I could say, is that I want the flat colors broken up a bit more - but that's just personal preference. I want that center, dark green, area to be swamp too. Have any plans on how you plan on portraying those areas(swamps and what will be in the dark green section)?
    Thanks Psylence! I'm not sure what you mean by the flat colors being broken up you mean adding more texture to the base colors? This map is a personal project I am doing just so I can try new things with it. I'm mostly making it up as I go and I do like the idea of the middle being a swamp, I'm not sure how I would do that but as I said I'm doing this map to try new things.

Indeed, sorry, I do mean adding more texture to the base colors.

I'll be curious to see what you try out for the swamps. It's been one that has me scratching my head a bit as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast