Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new Graphic Tablet?

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a Wacom Cintiq 20WSX and its the greatest thing EVAR!

Its also 1900+ dollars.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post

Its also 1900+ dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    As you keep reminding us .....harrumph!
    Yay, more like rubbing it in actually!

Regarding the question, I refer you to this thread:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=552

There are a couple pages worth of discussion about it and things to consider. Perhaps I should make it a sticky?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post

Its also 1900+ dollars.

I hope you brought enough to share with the rest of the class .....

Sigurd

I bought a Wacom Graphire 4 off of ebay earlier this summer, and it is a dream! I can do things so much quicker and more accurately than with a mouse alone! I bought th 8"x6" model, and I probably could have done with a smaller one, but I like the size I bought. The 8"x6" is the size of the working area. The actual tablet is bigger. It is about 11"x11", but still fits nicely into my laptop bag.

Quote Originally Posted by landorl View Post
    I bought a Wacom Graphire 4 off of ebay earlier this summer, and it is a dream! I can do things so much quicker and more accurately than with a mouse alone! I bought th 8"x6" model, and I probably could have done with a smaller one, but I like the size I bought. The 8"x6" is the size of the working area. The actual tablet is bigger. It is about 11"x11", but still fits nicely into my laptop bag.
    I got the same size Graphire 3 off craigslist last year. It rides everywhere in me notebook backpack.

-Rob A>

I have the WACOM Bamboo MTE450 6" x 4". Before I bought it I thought bigger the better, good thing i could only afford this one. The smaller size means I don't have to move my arm so much when using it. I'm used to the MS Trackball That I only have to move my thumb a small amount to get across the screen. You can get the model I got for $70us on Newegg right now.

BTW I had the foresight to buy 4 of the MS Trackballs when they were discontinued so I should have one for a while...
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jreiswig View Post
    BTW I had the foresight to buy 4 of the MS Trackballs when they were discontinued so I should have one for a while...
    Any chance you would want to get rid of one for not an outrageous sum? I rue the day that MS stopped creating this wonderful device...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I hear that. I'd pay a lot for a new Logitech Trackman Marble FX. I'm afraid my current one may not last much longer, and it's by far the most comfortable pointing device I've ever used.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    I hear that. I'd pay a lot for a new Logitech Trackman Marble FX. I'm afraid my current one may not last much longer, and it's by far the most comfortable pointing device I've ever used.

Yea... I bought my wife a MS Trackball explorer 11 years ago and loved hers so much I bought one for myself (had a logitech basic one and then one with the very large side set ball also prior). Her's started flacking out a year or so ago and we got her a mouse since the (few) trackballs out there now suck so much. I ended up taking mine into work last year and work is SO much more productive with it than with the mouse I had been using for the past 8 years. I would love to get another one for use on my home machine (still with the logitech) even though I don't use that machine much (use laptop mostly) except for video gaming once in a while..
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast