### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silver-Competition-5.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	58878

*edit*
    So, I figured I should add the bit of story that I have for this:

So they walked up to the gaping maw. A scar upon the land that ripped open into the abyss below. Once the area was lush, the mountains and plateaus catching the rain and turning the valley between them into a lush garden. A town once flourished at the intersection of two of those rivers. It was growing. Then the man with no name, the man who lost his name, tore the world asunder. It ripped open the world, part of the mountain range falling into the divide. Another scar ripped open, greedily drinking down the water from one of the rivers into the maw of the planet. The rivers still ran, their supplies seeming never ending... but even they slowed and then stopped.

Years have passed since that day, hundreds some say, but the one thing that can be sure is that the plants passed and the ground dried; the desert that is, hides the wilderness it was. Pass through, if you dare, but look for no sanctuary, no water, no hospitality - all is dying or dead thanks to the magic used that day.
    Last edited by Psylence; 11-05-2013 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Adding story

I love the back story for this! The map looks awesome. Although now that I know the story I really want to see the town's ruins.

That's actually on the list of things to wrap up. It'll be the next thing I plan on working on. This update is on the foreground... thoughts and comments on the ledge is appreciated, I wanted to add a little more character. I also changed the sky some - I wanted to brighten it a little.

Just the ruins left to do, and maybe a few more touch-ups, but I'm almost done.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Silver-Competition-6.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	58895

And I think I'm done...

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Silver-Competition-7.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	58956

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

No labels, informations, title? For now it looks rather a drawing than a map.

Too true. Always have a tough time with that... alright, point taken, I'll go back in and work on that. I suppose I took the idea of a wasteland a bit too far. I couldn't think of really what to say since, in my mind, it's all just dessert/wasteland/wilderness. I'll see what I can work up.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Silver-Competition-8.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	58958
    Last edited by Psylence; 11-09-2013 at 03:05 PM.

The font effect is a bit weird. Personally, I'm not sure these places need name.

I'm curious Azelor, if not for the naming of the areas, what would you do to help show it as a map.

Side note: Had an idea. Put in lat/long lines. Thoughts?
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Silver-Competition-9.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	58959
    Last edited by Psylence; 11-09-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Azelor I have to disagree : what's the point of a map if it doesn't give any informations? Psylence have probably to work out the best way of labeling this kind of iso map but that's necessary or it will stay as a (nice) drawing.

Blog Entries

It's hard to do a map from this point of view without it looking like a drawing. I think most of the labeling looks nice though, pointed out things to me I had previously not noticed. But since there's still some time left in the challenge, maybe you could label a flag on one of the peaks or add some tents for the folks to camp at... just try to spruce it up some.
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast