Thread: Wanting to do Gimp map with pixel by pixel accuracy with 7000 x 3778 resolution

Question Wanting to do Gimp map with pixel by pixel accuracy with 7000 x 3778 resolution

I created one map previously in Paint...I thought it turned out ok but was lost when I got rid of my old laptop and didn't save it. Looking to start again with GIMP. But I want the size to be 7000x3778 and to be able to paint each pixel individually. Gimp seems to limit me to 3x3 at a minimum? looks like I already need help. My Paint map was 9600x5400 and worked just fine.

Hope to hear from someone thanks
    Craig

Craig, not sure what the problem here is and your post is a bit odd. Using the latest (2.8.) version of Gimp, the 'Create a New Image' dialogue has the option to state your image size in width and length. You can select pixels, or inches, or whatever. You probably want to enter 7000 and 3778 and select pixels. I tested and there is no minimum size of 3, which in any case would not be an issue.

You have to be careful with the choice of your brush and paintmode. If you want to paint individual pixels with GIMP 2.8, you should use the Pencil Tool instead of the Paintbrush Tool, and chose the Hardness 100 round brush. Set the size of the brush to 1 and you should be fine.