Thread: Hell - Commission map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map Hell - Commission map

Hi all,

Here's the second piece commissioned by the writer Jennifer Kohout for her next novel "Queen of Souls" (due to be released in December 2013), the map of the continent of Hell.
    You can check informations about Jennifer Kohout and his products on her website, facebook, twitter and amazon

The map is 8x5" and done in Photoshop. © 2013 - All rights reserved

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hell map.jpg 
Views:	816 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	58700

Hope you'll like it. As always, feel free to rate, rep or run away

I'm not fond of the land shape, but it's a fine map nevertheless. And I love the way you did your broken "land of immortal ice".

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

The Borders become better on your Oraven Maps, I like the simplicity of the Grundgy effect now, more than on the namegiving first Map. The Blend of the Colors in the ocean are realy nice and matching an effect I tried the whole year to archieve. The transition of the pale orange tone of the Coasts, from the usual bright blue outlines of the otehr Maps ares significant to the "Hell" theme of the Map. Its the small details making a simple and small format map like this an inspirational piece of Mapping. You keep on giving me little surprises to look at and keep me thinking about bounderies of Mappingstyles and how to easily elevate them for different Projects. That I do respect.

Thanks much SK! Yes, I actually tried to take care about some unusual colors transitions on this one, to give it a special feel

I think this is a beautiful map, Max. I wish she had more information for it, so you could do more.

I particularly like the part where Hell has Frozen over. Well done!

Great Map! Nice work, i especially like the colors and the grungy effect.

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by TimPaul View Post
    I think this is a beautiful map, Max. I wish she had more information for it, so you could do more!
    I had less than that before having discussion with client Jennifer wanted to focus on informations that are some main places of her book.