Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wonder what the average age here is and hello...

According to Monty Python, 37 is officially "not old!"

As of a few days ago, I'm not old. Give me another year, though, and I'll be old again.

[rocks in his rocker, adjusts his hearing aid and thinks back on the time when it wasn't a session of D&D without a stream of Monty Python references]

S. John Ross Ghalev
    Who Dat? Games Fonts Uresia

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Another (relative) youngster here at 27. First character Bilbo Baggins (oh the originality) in 1Ed in '84 (yep, rping since before I started school, which explains the unoriginal name) and just started my 4e game with one group. Still got a strong 3.5 campaign with another - all down to maptool.

Guild Novice

I seem to be somewhere in the middle so far regarding age. I'm 34. I started playing pen 'n' paper RPGs in the mid 80's, especially Star Wars and AD&D. I am also in the process of creating my own paper rollplay system. I'm beginning to flesh out some maps for my world, which I can share with you all as I create them.
    Kalomier

Long-time CC2 user; embarking into CC3.

Great, there is a hope for me... 29

Well, I might try to draw again

I'm 35, I started roleplaying in '91 or '92 with AD&D 2ed & Gamma World! I've since played a LOT of systems: Toons, Gurps, Traveller, D&D 3.5 & 4, Star Wars (both WEG & D20), Vampire, Rifts, Fudge, TMNT, Shadowrun 3 & 4, and more... Dunno if I'm an old timer or not, but I do play in my own basement instead of my parent's! :-) I've been making my own worlds and world maps for almost as long as I've been playing. Started off with hand drawn maps, and now use several programs to make maps now. I dunno if I'll bother posting any of my maps yet, I'm still too busy oohing and ahhing over everyone else's maps! :-) Keep up the awesome work everyone!

I suppose I ought to join in ... I'm 35 and a geeky techie type (not too geeky, honest). I've been in to maps, especially old maps, for ages and spent hours drawing my own for campaign worlds on hex paper (I've recently found some of them again). I've been in to roleplay since school and this has also driven the interest in maps, and history, and physical geography, and religion, and politics, and sociology, and psychology. Basically, my interest in gaming has driven my learning and development. Like the poster above, I've played lots of different systems and I'm still trying out new ones.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Guild Applicant

I'm... 40... uhh... (counts on fingers)... 43? Yeah, that sounds right.
    I've been playing since 76ish, starting with D&D in the white box, then quickly branching out to Metamorphosis Alpha, Empire of the Petal Throne, Traveller, Melee/Wizard/TFT, and so on. My table time has probably been split evenly between D&D of some sort, Traveller of some sort, and GURPS, with a good amount of Call of Cthulhu filling in the gaps.

Ok, I am 24 and my first meet with AD&D was in '98. At this time, it was afternoon games with coca-cola and cakes fighting orcs and goblins and always joking about anything. I remember a party, when we were in high school. We have stop the game during 30 minutes arguing how many rounds we may have during a fall. Everybody was trying to prove by physics formulas that we had 2 rounds.
    I don't remember when I drew my first map, maybe I was 12 or something like that.

So I guess I am among the young ones.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123