Thread: Le Terre Conosciute - La Locanda della Quercia Incantata

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Le Terre Conosciute - La Locanda della Quercia Incantata

I have done this map for free, a few months ago for a writer, Daniela Ferrero Pozzer, who has written a novel called “La locanda della Quercia Incantata” (meaning: "The Inn of the Enchanted Oak"). Now that the novel is out, it's time to show the map.
    It's not a map of the Inn, but a map of the world (known as "Goldivigna" by the name of a city or as "Le Terre Conosciute" meaning "The known Lands" ) where the story take place.
    I used photoshop over a previous sketch.

For the mountains I used a personal brush set heavily inspired by the maps of the illustrious cartographer Bleau: mostly hand tracing, scanning and messing around with photoshop, a long, interminable time working for a hobbyst like me, that could have taken only few hours for a skilled artist.
    For most of the other elements photoshop shapes have been my friends. I’m happy with cities (that I already used in another map of mine), much less with the towers in the desolation.
    The ornaments on the frame are an aborted attempt at making a celtic knot, but I sticked with them as I found them pleasant at last.

The overall quality of the map is surely debatable, but as at first it wasn’t planned any map and as I did it as a work carried out in friendship, well, the final result has been considered acceptable!

“La locanda della Quercia Incantata” is a novel written by Daniela Ferrero Pozzer and published by A.CAR. Edizioni. All rights reserved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goldivigna - Fabio mi fece.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	558.7 KB 
ID:	58713  
    Last edited by fabio p; 10-29-2013 at 07:35 AM.