Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Old Barrows

Guild Adept

Seriously old school, I love it!
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Wip

Thanks Veldehar! OK, final image. Here's the surface level. Obviously it is not entirely to scale, but the barrow exteriors should more or less line up with the barrow interiors of the first level. On a side note, I now have an Intuos 5 and this is the first chance I've been able to put it to use in a map. Hopefully it will see more action in the months ahead.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avidiron Surface.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	3.15 MB 
ID:	58900  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love these... If I look at it long enough I can smell the copier we used to use to make duplicates of maps back in the day. I can remember how excited I would get knowing it was getting close to game night. I can taste the stale chips and the flat cola and see the faces of my first players and oldest friends. Thank you arsheesh such a simple map but such a powerful thing.....
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    I love these... If I look at it long enough I can smell the copier we used to use to make duplicates of maps back in the day. I can remember how excited I would get knowing it was getting close to game night. I can taste the stale chips and the flat cola and see the faces of my first players and oldest friends. Thank you arsheesh such a simple map but such a powerful thing.....
    That is exactly what I am hoping to recapture in my campaign. Thanks for the encouragement.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Blog Entries

The style and colour of the surface map brought back to mind those Basic and Expert edition modules. If that was the aim then you nailed it !

Quote Originally Posted by mthomas768 View Post
    That surface map is great!
    Thanks, glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    The style and colour of the surface map brought back to mind those Basic and Expert edition modules. If that was the aim then you nailed it !
    I was aiming for the old TSR style maps. I am only vaguely aware of the differences between the Holmes, the B/X and the BECMI editions however, so I wasn't shooting for anything as fine grained as the style of maps of "X" edition. Still, it's nice to know that I am more or less on target.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12