Thread: Collection of semi-rough maps for online TTRPG sessions

Default Collection of semi-rough maps for online TTRPG sessions

Greetings!

I would greatly appreciate a cartographer's assistance in the creation of a collection of maps, perhaps ranging in quantity between 15-25, over the course of a period of time, with a commission discussed and paid over paypal for each one individually as they come (Or perhaps paying for each one in advance, as some people like to do). The maps are not required to be overly detailed, nor are they required to be perfect on-the-pixel accurate, as a somewhat rough, hand drawn feel is appreciated in this circumstance. Each map will be of a different zoomed in portion of an overall region, for example one may be of a town that the players enter and explore, another of a shipwreck and it's interior, another a cave, so on and so forth.

The method of creation is of no concern, however the scale and size of the entire collection must remain a constant, so that the players can assume the distances each grid box represents are all exactly the same for the purposes of gameplay. I would also be extraordinarily thankful to commission someone that I could talk to actively during the creation of a some of the maps, and note where certain key features must be placed for the purposes of the game, as well as noting which buildings should be fleshed out and enterable, and which should not, simply drawn as decor to fill space. The overall design of each map will likely be described to the cartographer both through the use of multiple sketches, and textual descriptions (Though, in my opinion, nothing really beats real-time voice chat with a screen share session).

As this is purely just to play a tabletop RPG with a group of friends I'm acting as the GM for, I'm not particularly worrisome over any of the copyright details, it's likely that each map will only be used two or three times over the course of the campaign, and then offered out as a pack to anyone else that wants to GM the same scenario but with their own twists. As for a deadline, however, I was hoping to have at least the first map of the campaign prepared and ready to introduce my players into the world as between the 4th and the 7th of November. Naturally, this can be delayed should the cartographer require more time, I would much prefer the artist not feel rushed and have all the time they require without impeding on their own social or work life.

I think that just about covers it, then. Thank you for taking the time to read my request, and I hope to hear from any of you quite soon. Contact me preferably on skype at: Ryousukereiji
    (If Skype is unavailable to you, my email address is ryousukereiji@hotmail.co.uk , and I intend to check back at this thread regularly if you wish to post other means).
    Last edited by RobA; 11-12-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Guild Journeyer

Please review your email as I received a bounce.

E-mail seems fine to me, I don't know what the problem is, sorry.

Commission has been taken, thanks for the e-mails!