Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caravan Adveture

Default Caravan Adveture

What is the Caravan Adventure on this forum? I see it as a private forum and wondered what it was.
    JSM

Geez, so helpful. 8 days and no one knows what this is. sigh.

Guild Adept

It's a very well kept secret.

The Cooperative World Building Project is something that was started several years ago - an attempt to build a mapped world as a community project. Last year, I think a move to write an adventure set in that world regarding the Caravan Adventure. It was by invite only, and it's a closed forum group. Potentially the adventure would be published. I am not involved in it, though I have participated in the World Building Project, awhile back...

Because it's closed and there's only a few guild members involved, the bulk of the members know nothing about it, so not surprised nobody responded to this thread.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

GP is correct, it was an idea we wanted to see if we could get traction on. Perhaps becoming a regular thing in time. Unfortunately, with how things worked out some folks moved, found new jobs, lost interest, got busy with everyday life, etc. You name it.

Currently it's a defunct project WIP that hasn't had any activity in a long time. I still think we could do it but it'll require a firm hand and the reigns in order to keep things moving and not just breaking down into an ever changing brainstorm, as awesome as that is. Personally, I could do something like this but I'm too busy right now with a career change. I'm hopeful we can get back to it but I haven't been able to be involved in much of anything lately.

So, bottom line, you could say it was an experiment that sort of fizzled out. Perhaps one day we will revisit it but to be honest, there's not much to see there. Although I did draw up a fairly cool looking drink Horn if I do say so myself.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Four days and no 'thank you' for the information? Geez, so appreciative.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thanks.gif 
Views:	75 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	58995

Yes four days. I have to try and maintain a relative schedule like all of you LOL
    JSM

*Plus it would help if the automatic email notifications worked here all the time - which they do not.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now now Arsheesh "defunct" is a such a harsh word... I think everyone involved (including myself) went off at full steam and then we all just stopped. The idea is there as is the outline and the overall goal, we just need to get back to it and I for one am ready.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Plus 4 days isn't sooo bad considering he initially waited 8 days before getting a response, LOL.

I think part of the problem we ran into is project leadership. I think everyone wanted to be nice and let everyone have an equal voice but in the end we never got off the design table. Well, honestly, we got to the edge of the table but that's about it. What we probably should do is see who's still in and able to help out and then elect someone to take the reins to keep things organized and moving forward. That means checking in with folks and making sure they haven't been snatched up by daily life and whatnot. Also, they should have some ability to make the decisions that enable the project to keep moving forward. Doesn't mean they take it over to build what they want, just means we can't always have 10 people spend the time it takes to come to a consensus.

A poor plan well executed is better than a great plan never completed.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Even when this was project was first proposed, I seriously considered volunteering as leader, however, then as now, I was buried in existing publishing work that prevented my involvement at the time. My time availability has not abated, but gotten worse. Still if I ever do see a window, I'd consider volunteering to take the reigns - I have a few years experience doing game design/development and prepping for publication, so I could do this (if I had time...)

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast