Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DUNGEONFORGE - anyone have a copy floating around?

I can check - I should have a copy of that and MapX kicking around as it is what I started with. I was a co-admin of that forum with Dormouse fo a while, but it got pretty quiet, so I guess it was eventually shut down.

Too bad - I'd even worked up a new splash screen for the (never released) update:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Render2With BG and Lightning.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	58925

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    I can check - I should have a copy of that and MapX kicking around as it is what I started with. I was a co-admin of that forum with Dormouse fo a while, but it got pretty quiet, so I guess it was eventually shut down.

Too bad - I'd even worked up a new splash screen for the (never released) update:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Render2With BG and Lightning.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	58925

-Rob A>
    I don't you suppose you have any of the user made content floating around too? Objects and Tiles?

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I'm also looking for a copy. I can't find any map editing software that works for me, the interfaces are all awful. I'm looking for something more tile based like the RPG Maker map editors but more specific and this looks like it.

Blog Entries

I have version 1.9.2 burned on a CD i can zip it up if you still need a copy

Quote Originally Posted by Revock View Post
    I have version 1.9.2 burned on a CD i can zip it up if you still need a copy
    Please, that would help a lot.

Blog Entries

PM me an e-mail i can send the zip to. Be aware, there's no installer for this, it run's right from the .exe in the folder.

I dunno if it was originally an installer but all I have burned is the program folder, I've simply copied the cd contents onto my HD several times and except for some irritating lockups it works, and i also believe this version can use most anything you place in it's art folders such as stuff Mark Oliva made for his Vintyri Project (spelling? sorry Mark i didn't check your profile prior to posting) or the dundjinni archives stuff. I put it up on my Microsoft Onedrive for anyone wanting a copy, I know the original website wanted you to register prior to getting a copy so if the admins think this is a bad idea I won't share it out. It is a nice little program.
    Last edited by Revock; 02-07-2015 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revock View Post
    PM me an e-mail i can send the zip to. Be aware, there's no installer for this, it run's right from the .exe in the folder.

I dunno if it was originally an installer but all I have burned is the program folder, I've simply copied the cd contents onto my HD several times and except for some irritating lockups it works, and i also believe this version can use most anything you place in it's art folders such as stuff Mark Oliva made for his Vintyri Project (spelling? sorry Mark i didn't check your profile prior to posting) or the dundjinni archives stuff. I put it up on my Microsoft Onedrive for anyone wanting a copy, I know the original website wanted you to register prior to getting a copy so if the admins think this is a bad idea I won't share it out. It is a nice little program.
    Not sure I can PM right now, only 3 posts... lemme fix that.

Hi, thanks for the pack! I got it working. Unfortunately it seems to have a very limited tileset and I'm having trouble making anything worthwhile with it. Are there extension packs anywhere?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roseweave View Post
    Hi, thanks for the pack! I got it working. Unfortunately it seems to have a very limited tileset and I'm having trouble making anything worthwhile with it. Are there extension packs anywhere?
    As I Mentioned, Mark's project has loads of tiles and objects, that folder i packed up for you even has some vintyri stuff in it, here's a link: http://www.vintyri.org/CSUAC/
    That version of DungeonForge purports to be able to use any Graphic as a tile, and as far as objects, you should only have to put the .png files you want in it's graphic file structure, I bet you'll have to scale the graphics you get so they match one another, (scale them in Gimp perhaps) Between Vintyri, the CSUAC archive and what you can find on say Deviantart.com you should be set.

Blog Entries

Tell, you what, give me a few days and although I'm 99% sure of that "use anything" statement, I'll test my own assertion by making some textures in Paint.net or Gimp and putting them into the dungeon forge file structure, I believe I originally put those few Vintyri tiles in there (not sure, it was long ago). Once I work some textures and stuff up I'll have a clearer picture of how to advise you if you still need help.

P.S. yeah, that works somewhat, I tried it by simply making a seamless "old paper" .png file in Gimp the only problem seems to be that after it's set as a tile by dungeon forge and set as the background it no longer looks seamless. Perhaps dungeonforge runs it's own tile filter of a sort on the .png graphic. There are also tile info files associated with each of the default tiles the program comes with, these can be opened and edited with notepad+.
    ex.:
    BASIC_2X2.TILEINFO (this is the tileinfo file for a tile called BASIC_2X2)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <TILEINFO>
    <COLS>2</COLS>
    <ROWS>2</ROWS>
    <MASK>1111</MASK>
    </TILEINFO>

To make a tile like this, i bet all you need do is rename a copy of the tile info file with the data you want to "Roseweave_grass1.TILEINFO" (if your tile image is called Roseweave_grass1.png) the actual tile graphic is just a graphic file, but, as i said, I already verified that any graphic can be set as a tile, all that remains is discovering the peculiarities of size,,any seamlessness etc. so it looks good.

I'll see if i can generate anything nicer in the coming few days.
    Last edited by Revock; 02-10-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast