Thread: Changing Symbol Sizes Relative to Map (CC3)

Help Changing Symbol Sizes Relative to Map (CC3)

I've been trying to work on a large map for some time. No matter what map size I use, the symbols are always the same size relative to the map. What I mean is that not depending on whether the map size is 10x10 or 20000x20000 a symbol is always, say, 1/20th of the length of the map. I've tried going to File -> Drawing Presets and changing the Symbol Scale, but that has no effect on symbol size.

Please help; I'm incapable of doing large maps because the symbols are too large.

If you right click when you go to place a symbol, a dialog box will open. In the upper left of that box, you will see a section called "Scale" with a field called "X and Y." Altering the number in that field will change the size of the symbols relative to your map. You can do this for any symbol you place.

Quote Originally Posted by Humabout View Post
    If you right click when you go to place a symbol, a dialog box will open. In the upper left of that box, you will see a section called "Scale" with a field called "X and Y." Altering the number in that field will change the size of the symbols relative to your map. You can do this for any symbol you place.
    Thanks a lot! Now I can finally do my big map.

Anytime! ^^