Thread: Top down tree house

Default Top down tree house

Just an experiment... a top down tree house.

Xara Designer Pro 9 for everything...

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	treehouse.jpg 
Views:	1000 
Size:	3.22 MB 
ID:	58855
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Nice work, the tree trunks are great.

That's great Gameprinter. I tried to make a tree-house map once and it was an unmitigated disaster - had to just delete it and pretend it never happened. Your one looks super.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Very nice!

As a guy who has built a few treehouses (and a few non-rectangular decks) my big crit is the board direction. You would normally frame around the trunk then have radial beams out to a edge skirt, so the boards would be radial in the sections, more like a spider web. I'm not sure how those deck boards would be supported underneath. Can you rotate the texture pattern in each segment?

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    As a guy who has built a few treehouses (and a few non-rectangular decks) my big crit is the board direction. You would normally frame around the trunk then have radial beams out to a edge skirt, so the boards would be radial in the sections, more like a spider web. I'm not sure how those deck boards would be supported underneath. Can you rotate the texture pattern in each segment?

-Rob A>
    Easily done. I actually made it radial, but when I combined the sections of the octagon, the pattern changed. I needed to combine it so the bevel would work on the entire platform and 8 separate beveled sections. I didn't think it was a major problem so I left it alone, but perhaps I should fix that. This was more an experiment, since I've never actually made a tree house map like this.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations