Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Space Base Outpost

Wip Space Base Outpost

I decided I needed a break from fantasy based maps so I started working on a space base/outpost idea. This is my rough outline. There is still a lot of work ahead of me.

I'm picturing this base on a Mars-like planet. The darker area at the top right corner represents a cliff/hill that the base is built into (I haven't finished that section yet). The smaller corridors that jut out of the circles will be airlocks (when finished). Like I said... It is a start. I still have a lot of work ahead of me.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Nice... the first thing that jumped out at me tho was Starwars... Owen and Beru's place... that could be just me tho... starwars on the brain I guess. When do we get BlasterS??...

Come to think of it, I can see the Star Wars influence. Originally I was thinking more Space 1999. I plan on adding much more detail to the map. At this point, it is just a bare skeleton of a map. I spent some time last night collecting various textures that could prove to be useful.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Guild Novice

Praise Very Nice!

This is a very nice bit of work. Which software did you use to create it?

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_ACT View Post
    This is a very nice bit of work. Which software did you use to create it?
    Thanks Craig. It isn't much yet. Just a start really (definitely a WIP). I drew it in Photoshop. I need to get back to this map but I currently have a few projects on my plate that need to be finished first.
    Cheers,
    Tim

This is nifty.
    I hope you get back to it soon.

Thanks RumRogue. I haven't forgotten about this map (I was working on it just the other day) but I have several projects taking up my attention at the moment. I hope to post something soon. I have a few ideas I want to try out.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Finished that map after 3 years? Just curious!

Alas no. It was a casualty of when my old computer died. While I had 3/4 of my documents backed up, it wasn't one of them.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast