Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dungeons of Earen - A Work In Progress

Here is an update on the dungeon, after the party speak the right words it will lead them to a sacrificial room (where the hexagon is painted) there they will encounter the ghost of a tiefling priest, the ghost will have scarce memories of what he was doing before he died... he remembers the summoning of a demon... but it was not complete, thats about it... he then will mention to the tiefling in the party that he is not the only tiefling who has visit him... later on he reveals its Erelia one of the members of the Sulindal council, the ghost then suddenly remembers that erelia is trying to complete the summoning for her own perverse reasons and that they need to stop her.

As you guys can see there are several mirrors in the sacrificial room... two of them lead to the puzzle rooms (which i will explain on a later day) one of them leads to the arcane halls (were the wizards experimented with constructs oozes and what not... one of the mirrors is missing a fragment... the other leads to Erelias room but it seems to be covered with something from the other end not allowing passage.

Forgot to mentioned that the party enters these ruins by mistake as they explore the mines looking for two missing miners, well anyways... the players will have the choice where to go first... its better for them to solve the puzzles first as they will provide them with helpful items to overcome the obstacles in the big dungeon i am still working on. Ok on the big dungeon we can see so far a room with some strange green ooze and another that seems to be a library (and it is)

Library: when the players approach the door (from either side) an eye made of stone thats above the door will open and ask for the correct phrase (one of the phrases is located in one of the puzzle rooms) if they say the correct phrase the eye will close and the doors will open, if they dont, the eye wont close and the door will open... however... once all of them go inside the doors will shut down... the eye will flue to the center of the room, scrolls and book pages will storm and gather on the center forming some sort of humanoid looking scroll construct creature that will cast spells to kill the party.

ooze room: when they enter they will fight some oozes once they mvoe inside the will see that the entire room is covered with a gelatinus substance except for a tiny short road so to speak, one of them will need to balance its way to the end of the room (he can use the pillars for support giving him a +2 circumstance bonus to balance himself while near the pillars) did i mention that anyone who tries to walk through the gelatine takes alot of damage?

You may ask... whats with all the strange puzzles... well most of the puzzle and challenges are ment to be so, the wizards who used to live there... experimented with everything and often used puzzles and strange mechanisms to hide, protect or simply test their subjects... they also practiced binding souls or elements to things such as armors, and weapons, specially lesser evil spirits like imps. well let me know what you guys think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tieflingruinstest.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	5466  
    Last edited by megrim; 07-25-2008 at 03:47 AM.

Guild Adept

Wow! I would toss some (admittedly minuscule amounts of) rep your way, but it seems like I have already. All those puzzle rooms are awesome. I'm getting some sort of Trickster inspired mad builder thing going on in my pea brain.

Looking forward to the next exciting segment of "Dungeons of Earen" mapping. Seriously.

EDIT: And the pit looks downright scary now.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

No crits just praise, love the texture and colors.

ok fellas the map is done, added 4 mayor rooms, one as u can see has some watery terrain there... most like will make them face a lesser water elemental and watch the party as they slip and fall on the water... there is a 10ft ledge most controllers and artillery will be there... ill have things to take care of them.

before that we have what it seems to be an old sacrificial room... its more like a summoning spot for imps here they will fight imps, undead, and other minions... alot of them just for a bit of hack and slash fun.

then there is the room with the pillars... its completely dark... monsters will lurk behind the pillars to surprise the party.

and then theres the gassy green room... its a letal gas the party will need to find the control rooms to stop the gas in order to obtain the item of that room... soom rooms at the top for them to hide and catch a breath and find some items and then theres the empty small room at the bottom... most likely the control room should be guarded by constructs as well as some undead tieflings...

after the party is done collecting all the items... the ghost will summon the demon for the party to defeat... after that the ghost will reveal the way out and thank them for deliverying his soul free.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tieflingruins.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	5486  

Great map, I think in some near futur I should try it with a new bunch of players. I love the texture style u've used.

A full detail document file of the dungeon would be cool.

Here my 2 cents:

Maybe it just me, but I would have put more shadow into the wall to give the dungeon a real 3D effect. also I would have use darker tone and shading in the section of the dungeon that is suposed to be downstair (It makes the map reading easier).

anyway continue the great job,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123