For creating the movable placed objects in a VTT? Software wise that is. Doors, furniture, weapons, rocks.... trees... or how many different software platforms do you use to create objects? Do you use different ones specificallyf or certain elements.... Photoshop may be better at making trees where as AI is better for creating straight edged doors....

How do you approach the entire aspect of creating seperate elements for you VTT maps?

I myself find that I'm using a multitude of software for creating the various elements that go in a map. Xara has turned out to be one of the better programs for doing just that. But where it may limit some things, I turn to both PS and AI, for various things such as stairs and steps, tiled floors among the most common elements. Xara is quite good at creating doors, furniture, debris, and that sort of thing.

And one final question... for tokens this one is. What is considered HIRES for tokens? minimum DPI and size that is, and what tool do you find you use the most for creating TopDown mini's? ...
My photoshop has thus far been the instrumental tool in creating tokens...