Thread: Orbis Terrarum RPG gets a Kickstarter launch!

Default Orbis Terrarum RPG gets a Kickstarter launch!

Orbis Terrarum is a unique fantasy role-playing game set in a richly detailed world shaped by sword, sorcery, history and evolution.

Kickstarter page:
    Orbis Terrarum RPG
    Facebook page (lots of detail):
    Orbis RPG
    Kicktraq:
    Orbis KTraq

Right, that's the link ads done! lets talk about who we are and what we're doing.

We (the co-authors) are two long time friends and tabletop-RPG nuts who several years ago decided that "we could write a RPG" that would be better, more.. "well crafted" and true to the "real" way RPGs should be done!
    Clearly we were drunk! ..still the sobriety of the next day did nothing to curb our enthusiasm and we thus decided we would make it so.

..So we started with a map! ...and a core idea of wanting a system that had plenty of options for those that liked to tweak every detail, whilst also supporting story-players with tangible 'at-the-time' rewards for good role-playing.

Now several years later we've got a polished & tested system which we think achieves this, and the wonders of the tech-age mean we can hopefully fund a release of this game to our supporters!

Some of you might now that I recently worked up the map of the setting using the skills I've picked up from this most excellent forum.
    WIP thread: (http://www.cartographersguild.com/re...ma-v2-wip.html)

Please come and have a look at out Kickstarter page, and if you think its for you then we'd be thrilled to have your support in getting the project launched!
    Orbis Terrarum RPG - The British RPG of Swords, Sorcery & Science.

The gritty pulp aesthetic of your RPG very much appeals to me, as to the your take on the relationship between science and magic. I wish you all the best in this project Fifty!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks Arsheesh!!

We've funded and hit our first stretch goal so we're really happy!

...for starters the stretch goal means we get a whole bunch more art by Gary Chalk of Lonewolf gamebooks, Talisman boardgame, and early Warhammer & White Dwarf mag, although I don't know if any of these were released in NZ?

Now we're just hoping we can keep it up!
    Orbis Terrarum RPG - The British RPG of Swords, Sorcery & Science.