Thread: Fantasy Map (continental landmass and archipelago)

Map Fantasy Map (continental landmass and archipelago)

Hi to everyone,

Me and a friend are in the thick of game design and have reached a point where aesthetic properties are now required, as we do not have a talented artistic bone in our body! We are looking to outsource what will amount to all of the 2d cartography images for the game. As such there will be ongoing work for the cartographer if he/she so desires and is adequately suited for the job.

Initially we are looking for a an overland continental map with all the corresponding civilizations artistically represented.
    Obviously we will provide you with rudimentary drawings and text explaining the feel of the civilizations and specifics that may be required.

As this is very much so a passion project all the payable sums will be modest (I'd be happy to pay $100 US for the right map).
    Once the map has been purchased, 100% of the ownership will be transferred to me and I am free to use it any way private or commercial as I see fit.

If you are interested please feel free to send me (Joe) an e-mail @ fantasytournament@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you

Quote Originally Posted by Plocky777 View Post
    Hi to everyone,

Me and a friend are in the thick of game design and have reached a point where aesthetic properties are now required, as we do not have a talented artistic bone in our body! We are looking to outsource what will amount to all of the 2d cartography images for the game. As such there will be ongoing work for the cartographer if he/she so desires and is adequately suited for the job.

Initially we are looking for a an overland continental map with all the corresponding civilizations artistically represented.
    Obviously we will provide you with rudimentary drawings and text explaining the feel of the civilizations and specifics that may be required.

As this is very much so a passion project all the payable sums will be modest (I'd be happy to pay $100 US for the right map).
    Once the map has been purchased, 100% of the ownership will be transferred to me and I am free to use it any way private or commercial as I see fit.

If you are interested please feel free to send me (Joe) an e-mail @ fantasytournament@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you
    any chances you would pay more?
    Also, you might want to post some examples graphics here to tell people what kind of artstyle you are looking for.
    Would it be pure digital painting or hand drawing, or a mix, or a 3d render with digital remix.
    Because, for example - i cannot draw. But i do 3d rendering + digital painting rather well. But if you are looking for a hand drawing then i am out of the question. You understand what i am trying to say?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Irbis is correct about requiring more info. His comment about payment seems a bit presumptuous without having more info on the work required. Please read this sticky thread before filling in the blanks as it does really help prevent the need for back and forth requests-for-info, and allows people to judge if they might be a good fit for the request.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent