Thread: Map for a fantasy book needed ASAP but negotiable

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Help Map for a fantasy book needed ASAP but negotiable

First of all, much apologies. I really wish I'd found this site much sooner. I'm self publishing my first book soon though. I'm also sorry that I don't know all of the technical details, but I do know what I need it for if that helps. I also know the setting well.

Project Scope:
    YA fantasy novellas. The first in the series hits Amazon Nov 26. I am of course willing to send the manuscript, which includes info on the setting in appendices. I'm happy to answer questions of course.

Setting:
    A continent about the size of Texas and Oklahoma put together, plus a chain of islands close to the north. There's another chain of islands to the south but they are just far away enough that they might be off the map.

Design Concept:
    I will provide a detailed description of Aeovas.

Number of maps:
    Just one, though if we establish a good relationship I'll surely have more work for you in future years.

Technical:
    It has to be incorporated into PDFs for the paperbacks on CreateSpace and ebook files for Amazon and Smashwords. I believe jpeg should work.
    B&W would be easier for the publications though I might shell out extra for a nice pretty color version later.
    It has to fit on a 6 x 9 paperback page. Margins I'm pretty sure will be .5 all around the edges, except of course the gutter.

Copyright:
    Really all I need is the ability to use the map in my book, blog and other publications, but I'd like the option to buy full copyright in the future if need be. The setting, names, characters etc are of course all mine. You can always use the map for your own promotion and portfolio and post it here.

Deadline:
    Negotiable. Obviously I'd rather have it as soon as possible but if I don't have it in time to publish with it I'll manage. I'd just have to submit new files to Amazon and Smashwords, which might be a pain, and some people would have copies without maps, but it could be worse.

Payment:
    Willing to haggle starting at $100
    Paypal is probably easiest.
    I can probably donate to this site too if that helps.

Credit:
    I credit my cover artist in the front matter of the book itself and on my blog, including a url for her site. You'd get the same.

Contact
    Edward L Cote
    edwardlcote at gmail.com

I do appreciate you being willing to humor me. I know circumstances aren't the best. Thanks.
    Last edited by Korash; 11-12-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

I've just started working with someone, but thanks. How do I mark this as "taken"?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

You can't unfortunately, as that is a CL function....so I did it for you.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent